Prospective code sponsors
What is the Consumer Codes Approval Scheme?
The CCAS is facilitated self-regulation. It aims to promote consumer interests by setting out the principles of effective customer service and protection. It goes above and beyond consumer law obligations and sets a higher standard, showing consumers clearly - through the right to display the CTSI Approved code logo - that code members can be trusted.
The CCAS is committed to promoting codes of practice that meet our core criteria and have obtained CTSI approval. You can find the full core criteria and guidance here (PDF 4MB), the compliance and performance measurement guidance notes (PDF 652KB) and the compliance and performance measurement guidelines (643KB PDF).
Take a look at our CCAS information booklet here (PDF 863KB)
Who can join?
The codes approval scheme is open to any eligible code of practice regardless of whether or not there are other code sponsors already operating in that sector.
Benefits of becoming a code sponsor include:
- a robust, independent code approval scheme that inspires confidence of your members, potential members, policy makers and, ultimately, consumers
- the opportunity to grow your membership base and increase market share, through your commitment to reducing consumer detriment
- as a code sponsor, you and your members can display the CTSI approved code logo, which consumers can trust
You can access all of the current submissions that are under consideration by clicking on the links below. The submissions will be at one of the following stages:
- expression of interest - the code sponsor has started their submission, but are yet to upload details of their code of practice or how it will meet the criteria for approval
- stage one approval - the code sponsor have submitted their code of practice and are setting out how it will meet the criteria for approval
- stage two approval - the code sponsor have completed their code of practice and are now providing evidence of how it will work in practice
Expressions of interest (not yet approved)
Applications for stage one approval
Applications for stage two approval
How do I join the scheme?
If you operate a code of practice that you believe will be eligible for approval:
- visit http://tsi.fluidreview.com/ to initiate the process, by selecting "Need an Account?" and following the onscreen instructions. CTSI will then undertake due diligence checks on your organisation
- if you are invited to submit your code of practice for approval, it is a two-stage process: stage one approval is awarded if you present a code of practice capable of meeting all of the relevant core criteria
- stage two approval will be awarded if you can demonstrate your code of practice is working well in practice. At this stage, you and your code members will be permitted to display the CTSI approved code logo
Codes approval is a robust, rigorous and intensive process for code sponsors. Codes will be approved only if you can clearly demonstrate that you are committed to the reduction of consumer detriment and improving service standards. For this reason, consumers can have confidence in businesses displaying the approved codes logo.
Given the significant investment involved and thorough process, it is imperative that you are confident your approved code will meet the criteria. You will find the codes approval criteria here (PDF 4MB). Please read this thoroughly first, and if you wish to contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before submitting your expression of interest form.
Code sponsors must complete all stages of application prior to approval being given, which will be clear, unambiguous and in writing. Fees apply for both stages of the application process. You can download the CCAS schedule of fees and charges 2015 (77KB) and CCAS annual fees 2016 (101KB) here.