Rules and entry
- The competition is open to teams of four, from schools, colleges and youth groups.
- A team of four students may only ever enter the competition once. It is, however, possible to submit a team with a maximum of two members who have taken part in a previous year, provided that the team of which they were originally members did not proceed to a regional final.
- Team members must be aged between 14 and 17 years at the start of the competition in September. They must not have reached the age of 18 before 1 January of the year of competition.
- Immediate family of trading standards professionals will not be eligible to enter.
- Where unforeseen circumstances mean that a student cannot take part a substitute team member may be allowed at the organisers' discretion.
- A formal appeals procedure will be invoked if there is a challenge to a result but the organisers' decision is final in any dispute.
how to enter
To register to take part in this competition, complete the form on the 'register to take part' webpage and submit all entries before 15 January. You will be asked for the following details when you register for the competition:
name of school
Important: Please make absolutely sure when selecting your team that examination commitments will not prevent them from competing in the national final, should your team qualify.