News item

We were 129 on 9 May!

Formed in 1881 as the British Association of Inspectors of Weights and Measures in response to the Weights and Measures Act 1878, after a few name changes and amalgamations we became the Trading Standards Institute in 2000.

The original association was formed 'for the considerable advantage' of fostering 'uniformity of action' and 'a more professional approach' – values the Institute holds to this day.