As the scheduled date of the first Michael Jackson concert looms, the legal rights ticket holders have to get their money back not only for the concert tickets, but in some cases travel and accommodation too, are highlighted by the Trading Standards Institute (TSI). Paul Miloseski-Reid, principal trading standards officer in Richmond - home authority for eBay and PayPal - has been working with both companies to clarify and confirm the legal rights for consumers who bought their tickets from...
10 Jul 2009
TSI response (PDF 104KB). TSI favours an option not mentioned in the Consultation Paper - a binding instrument establishing a detailed harmonised EU-wide judicial collective redress mechanism including collective ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution)
3 Jul 2009
The Trading Standards Institute has welcomed the Government's consumer White Paper, saying it contained several measures that would boost consumer confidence in difficult times.However, TSI are calling for even tougher action on several issues, including product safety.'The "consumer advocate" proposal is really good news because it should help to foster a healthy balance between consumers and businesses,' said Ron Gainsford, chief executive of TSI.'But we do hope that the advocate will be a high profile person with attitude, someone people...
2 Jul 2009
TSI response (PDF 92.7KB). TSI states that FAWC has made a major contribution to improving farm animal welfare in GB and could play an important role in the future
1 Jul 2009
TSI response (PDF 114KB). TSI supports the general principle of an independent body, but expresses a number of concerns on the proposals as set out in the consultation document
30 Jun 2009
The Trading Standards Institute workforce survey 2009 is now online ready for completion.The research, carried out every three years, is a valuable tool to profile trading standards services across the country and to identify key trends.TSI deputy chief executive Paul Ramsden said: ‘In 2006 we had a 90 per cent response rate. This is great but we are really hoping this time to reach those remaining 10 per cent as well - please do take the time to complete the...
29 Jun 2009
Ron Gainsford, chief executive of the Trading Standards Institute, has welcomed the Government’s consumer White Paper, saying it contained several measures that would boost consumer confidence in difficult times.'The "consumer advocate" proposal is really good news because it will help to further foster a healthy balance between consumers and businesses,' said Mr Gainsford.'It is particularly important to raise consumer confidence in ways such as this during a time of global recession.'View the White Paper on the BIS/BERR websiteFor more on this...
29 Jun 2009
TSI response (PDF 101KB). TSI substantially agrees with the proposals put forward
22 Jun 2009
TSI response (PDF 106KB). TSI agrees that there is a case for amending section 2(2)(b) concerning damage caused by straying animals
19 Jun 2009
TSI response (PDF 98.1KB). TSI welcomes the consultation and agrees with many of the points raised
15 Jun 2009