Press releases

Window blind safety alert

Picture of baby next to blindsOn Friday 1 April a 21 month old boy died after he was strangled by the nylon cord of a blind hanging next to his cot.

If you're a parent or know someone who has children who has blinds in their home then please read this important information.

It is reported from RoSPA that since 1999 at least 15 toddlers in the UK have died after being strangled by blind and curtain cords.

RoSPA is part of 'The Make It Safe campaign' which aims to raise awareness of the potential dangers of looped cords among families with small children.

As well as leaflets and advice, RoSPA is also providing cleats free of charge that can be fitted to tie blind cords high up out of the reach of children. You can obtain the free pack from