What is it?
A blended learning solution for the Trading Standards Qualification Framework:
See our ctsi academy demo here (please click full screen)
- tailored online training delivered via an award-winning virtual learning environment
- face-to-face training days and tutor-led telephone tutorials
- a user-friendly interface with student dashboard and calendar of events
- student-tutor query system with email notifications
- comprehensive reporting tools for tutor intervention and line-manager tracking
- online assessments and tutor-marked assignments
- CPPD tracking with a downloadable certificate for each unit completed
- ongoing content verification and evaluation - to ensure your course is up-to-date
- timetabled and clearly structured content with key learning and reflection points
Please note, additional exam and registration fees will apply.
Which courses are available?
Download the ctsi academy brochure here. (PDF CTSI Academy flyer 224KB)
CSCATS (foundation level)
- Law of Contract
- Legal Systems
- Consumer Protection Environment
DCATS (diploma level)
- Fair Trading (Criminal)
- Food Standards
- Legal Metrology Law
A Scottish version of CSCATS modules is also available.
How are the modules structured?
Each module comprises of six timetabled units over a six month period. The units are divided into lessons, each of which ends with key learning and reflection points.
At the end of each unit there is a self-assessment that enables you to monitor your progress and keep on track.
When do I start?
All modules commence in April.
Benefits for students:
- tutor-led, structured e-learning blended with face-to-face recap and revision days
- modular courses developed by tutors and experts which allows you to study at your own pace within a tailor-made environment
- Specific learning outcomes and goals with strategic guidance, revision notes and a visual road map of the course
- telephone tutorials to address difficult topics and latest issues, and provide guidance
- important announcements via the dashboard of legislative change and critical information
- 24 hour flexible and easy access. Log in from any internet connected PC or Mac browser and pick up where you left off
- the option of electing your mentor/manager when you register, to support you through your training and track your progress. This is an optional facility.
Benefits for managers:
- comprehensive reporting tools enabling you to view and download reports to monitor student's progress
- CPPD tracking - for staff career development by providing CPPD data
- your own login and team announcement facility
How much does it cost?
If you are a CTSI member, you will receive discounted rates for tsi academy. For membership details please visit our membership joining page and download pricing information for ctsi academy here (PDF 31KB).
How do I register?
Registration for 2016 is now closed.
For details of the 2017 cycle please contact email@example.com or telephone 01268 886697.
Remember, to take your exams you will need to register into the Trading Standards Qualification Framework.
Additional fees for TSQF registration and exam entry will apply and can be viewed here.
Terms and conditions
Cancellations may be made without penalty up to and including 7 days after the registration date. Cancellations received between 8 and 14 days after the registration date will incur a charge of 50% of the course fee. The whole course fee will be payable for any cancellations received more than 15 days after the registration date.
All booking queries should be directed to the sales team; firstname.lastname@example.org