The Chartered Trading Standards Practitioner (CTSP) is a nationally recognised status but is not a qualification. If you are interested in achieving a trading standards qualification please follow the TS Qualifications link.
You will need to provide CTSI with the following:
- CTSP Application Form (PDF 58KB)
- You may need to submit a reflective statement regarding either TS knowledge or academic capabitlity.
- reflective statement guidance for TS Knowledge (PDF 108KB)
- evidence of degree or level 6 form of study Academic Capabilities reflective statement guidance (PDF 124KB) in lieu of a level 6 qualification. Additional guidance (PDF 44KB) regarding criteria which the academic knowledge statement is judged against is available
- evidence of Personal Development Plan guidance (PDF 106KB) completed and signed form 2
- completed evidence schedule form 4, completed and signed
- registration into the CTSI CPPD scheme, and evidence of up to date CPPD or evidence of employer CPD. CPPD guidance
- evidence of appropriate TS Qualification
Please note CTSI only require copies of your CPPD and TS certificates, please do not send originals.
For help and guidance on completing your application download the Guide to Obtaining Chartered Trading Standards Practitioner (PDF 73KB).