EU Exit technical queries support
To assist local authorities and our members, CTSI is delivering a service to handle technical queries relating to trading standards issues as a result of the UK’s exit from the European Union.
We have put in place arrangements, working with Lead Officers and Experts and where appropriate relevant Government Departments, to consider questions, direct you to the appropriate guidance and where possible provide advice.
We are also publishing relevant information on a dedicated section on the Regulators Companion website.
This will not replace official guidance from Government, which we will continue to issue as soon as possible and hope this service will assist in providing support where technical issues arise.
Initial enquiries will focus on the following technical areas:
- Legal Metrology
- Product Safety
- Fair Trading
- Animal Health
To make the process as streamlined as possible, please follow the guidance below:
- all requests must relate to a real ‘live’ enquiry that requires expert professional advice. We will not be able to respond to “what if” scenarios
- a short brief/background to the enquiry raised
- confirmation as to whether this will form advice that you intend to provide as primary authority advice
- an outline of your initial thoughts on the potential answer and your rationale
- email and telephone contact details so we can follow up if required
- the published Government guidance to see if your query can be answered there. The following links may be useful:
- the content published on the Regulators Companion to make sure that a similar enquiry will not provide an answer
Frontline officers can use this service to contact CTSI with an enquiry related to changes resulting from EU exit.
Please email your query to: firstname.lastname@example.org