Join us - Together we are stronger
Why should I be a member?
Established in 1881 the Institute has a proud association with the profession.
It’s being part of a professional body that offers so much more – making sure your voice is heard. Representing the interests of all trading standards individuals in both private and public sectors. The true benefit of becoming a member stems from strength in unity. As our broad spectrum of members grow, our voice becomes louder, our impact becomes deeper and markets become fairer. Chartered Trading Standards Practitioner (CTSP) status is a personal recognition of an individual’s professional standard by their Institute and peers.
- we have one of the lowest, best value membership rates of any professional institute
- we are regularly referred to in parliamentary debates, representing the profession
- we provide access to specialist advice and support through over forty specialist lead officers
- sustain and prove your competency through our free CPPD scheme, worth £126.50 + VAT
- demonstrate your professionalism with post-nominal letters ACTSI or MCTSI
- register as a Chartered Trading Standards Practitioner, a nationally recognised status, an opportunity to promote yourself and the profession
What are the benefits?
- a free delegate pass, to the CTSI annual Symposium event
- exclusive discounts on CTSI training courses
- discounted CPCF portfolio submissions, and exam entry fees, helping you save and further your career
- a network of 13 regional branches throughout the UK, offering training days and excellent networking opportunities
- updates from the Journal of Trading Standards website, featuring a continued stream of news and features from the world of trading standards
- free copy of the printed edition of the Journal of Trading Standards, incorporating more in-depth, focused and analytical features – an academic journal for the trading standards profession -delivered to your door twice each year
- claim up to 40% tax relief on membership fees and Chartered Trading Standards Practitioner registration (dependent on your tax contribution). Complete the tax relief form and return to your local tax office
- up to 20% discount on Dell computers and accessories
- 25% off luxury bouquets at Appleyard Flowers
- discounted Professional Indemnity Insurance with Howden
Introduce a Friend
- receive a £15 Love2Shop voucher when you introduce a friend. Please read the introduce a friend terms and conditions.
- receive up to £75 Love2Shop voucher when you introduce a corporate affiliate. Please read the introduce a corporate affiliate terms and conditions.
Code of Conduct
Ready to join?
If you would like to join please complete the application form. You will need two sponsors, who are currently members of CTSI. Find out which category of membership applies to you by using the resource located at the bottom the page.
More information about 2021 fees can be found here.
Please provide your email address and password to view the members section of our website: