Join us - Together we are stronger
Become a CTSI member
- we have one of the lowest, best value membership rates of any professional institute
- we are regularly referred to in parliamentary debates, representing the profession
- we provide access to specialist advice and support through over forty specialist lead officers
- sustain and prove your competency through our free CPPD scheme, costing £123.50 plus VAT to non-members*
- demonstrate your professionalism with the letters ACTSI or MCTSI
- register as a Chartered Trading Standards Practitioner, a nationally recognised status, an opportunity to promote yourself and the profession
What are the benefits?
- a free delegate pass, to the CTSI Annual Symposium
- access to cheaper, value for money training
- access to discounted TSQF, portfolio submissions, and exam entry fees, helping you save and further your career
- a network of 13 regional branches throughout the UK, offering training days and excellent networking opportunities
- look out for our new publication the Journal of Trading Standards, a live, constantly updated website, featuring a continued stream of news and features from the world of trading standards.
- also printed in hard copy bi-annually the Journal of Trading Standards, incorporating more in-depth, focused and analytical features – an academic journal for the trading standards profession.
- claim up to 40% tax relief on membership fees and Chartered Trading Standards Practitioner registration (dependant on your tax contribution). Complete the tax relief form and return to your local tax office.
Introduce a Friend
- receive a £15 Love2Shop voucher when you introduce a friend. Please read the introduce a friend terms and conditions.
- receive up to £75 Love2Shop voucher when you introduce a corporate affiliate. Please read the introduce a corporate affiliate terms and conditions.
Code of Conduct
Ready to join?
If you would like to join please complete the application form. You will need two sponsors, who are currently members of CTSI. Find out which category of membership applies to you.
More information about 2018 fees can be found here.
Please provide your email address and password to view the members section of our website: