CTSI Animal Health & Welfare Professional Qualification
his new qualification has been developed by CTSI experts and is accepted under the new government legislation for professionals working in animal health and welfare.
Focussing on the legal requirements in relation to the animal health and welfare regulatory framework and the relationship between animal health, animal welfare, the official food and feed controls and public health.
This CTSI Professional Qualification demonstrates knowledge and understanding of:
- the roles of all regulatory bodies
- the framework of legislation
- legislation and codes of practice
- notifiable and zoonotic animal diseases
- recognition of animal neglect and welfare issues
- legislation and codes of practice for primary production of feed and food
- traceability of livestock and food fraud on farms
- statutory obligations and code of practice for animal health and welfare investigations
This blended course consists of 4 training days and a final assessment day (delivered virtually whilst Government restrictions are in place) to include a multiple-choice online assessment and an oral assessment, with a written submission required within 3 months of attending the course. Additional support and resources will be available via the online portal including detailed course notes, inter-block assessments and remote tutor sessions.
Courses available for 2021
4 - 8 October Staffordshire* TBC
25 - 29 October Argyll & Bute*
8 - 12 November Monmouthshire*
All courses will include variations for the legal systems in England, Scotland and Wales.
* Courses are planned to be delivered face to face, but subject to government guidelines. Courses delivered between April-July will be delivered virtually.
Further information can be found in the Professional Qualification & Competency tab on the QUALIFICATIONS RESOURCES or BOOK ONLINE HERE
Once the limited spaces are full, please register your interest below to be notified of upcoming dates.