Brexit Think Tank strategy
We at CTSI believe the system of consumer protection and trading standards needs to complement and enhance the contemporary world of consumers and businesses. Our strategy brings all the expertise it can bear and in partnership with our stakeholders - create a vision that will strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for modern markets and consumers as the post-Brexit world begins to take shape.
The Brexit Think Tank Strategy focused on these key messages:
- consumer protection and the interests of responsible businesses should be at the heart of the trade deal negotiations over Brexit
- CTSI should advise Government and other key opinion formers on post-Brexit regulatory direction in the area of trading standards law and practice including the support networks for business and consumers
- CTSI should support the achievement of a sound free trade agreement for the U.K. based on mutual recognition principles
- working within the new Government's policy framework, CTSI should examine and build on its capacity for influencing the policies of Brexit
- the strategy for Brexit during the negotiations should focus on five key areas; Business, Consumers, Standards, European collaboration and regulators with shared interests