Login IconLogin / Register/ Consumer Helpline delivered by Citizens Advice 0808 223 1133

Consumer Codes Approval Scheme complaints process

Are you a consumer?

If you are a consumer and need general advice regarding a faulty product or service, please contact the Citizens Advice Consumer Service. You will find details on the help and advice page here.

Do you wish to complain about a business that is a member of an approved code?

If you wish to complain about a business displaying the CCAS approved code logo:

1. Please speak to the business first, to give them the opportunity to resolve the issue. They should be able to provide you with details of their complaints process.

2. If the matter is not resolved, please complain to the code sponsor. Code sponsors and their websites can be found here

3. Code sponsors are required to provide you with access to Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), if your complaint can not be resolved informally.

Unfortunately, we cannot advise about individual complaints.

Do you wish to complain about a code sponsor?

1. Please contact the code sponsor first, to give them the opportunity to resolve the issue. Please note, we cannot become involved with, overturn or change any decision or remedy of the ADR process

2. If a resolution cannot be agreed, you can raise a complaint about a code sponsor (not individual code members) by emailing ccab@tsi.org.uk

Are you a trading standards professional?

If you are a trading standards professional and have a complaint or enquiry regarding the CCAS, please contact the CCAS team on ccab@tsi.org.uk

© 2023 Chartered Trading Standards Institute. All rights reserved.

1 Sylvan Court Sylvan Way, Southfields Business Park, Basildon, Essex, SS15 6TH.
Company no. RC000879

Investors in People and Customer excellence award logos

Website by: