Find a CTSI Approved Code business
The Approved Code logo helps people identify trustworthy businesses that have customers and customer service at the heart of their offering. This means they’ll do their very best to serve you and resolve any issues, if they arise.
Approved Code businesses offer additional purchase protection and clear procedures to resolve any complaints. In the ongoing fight against rogue traders and other bad practices, Approved Code businesses are on the front line, helping the trading standards profession keep consumers safe.
Whenever you purchase anything, for added peace-of-mind look out for the Approved Code logo.
Why use an Approved Code business?
As consumers, we know how confusing it can be to ensure you purchase goods and services from reputable businesses, but you can protect yourself by choosing to buy from businesses that display the CTSI Approved Code logo:
- TRUSTWORTHY: Only approved businesses (vetted by one of our Code Sponsors) can display the logo. This means the business is reliable and trustworthy.
- TRANSPARENCY: Approved businesses have committed to providing clear terms and conditions. This means you know what you are buying - without hidden charges or other conditions - BEFORE you buy.
- COMPLAINT HANDLING: As a consumer, you will have access to a clear complaint procedure and, if necessary, an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) process that avoids legal costs.
- ENHANCED PROTECTION: Using an Approved Code trader means you have protection above and beyond your normal consumer law rights.
Use the search box above to find an approved business near you.
Want to know more?
And make sure to follow us on social media:
Why trust the Chartered Trading Standards Institute?
CTSI represents trading standards professionals working in the UK and overseas - in local authorities, business and consumer sectors and central government. CTSI exists to:
- Promote and protect the success of a modern vibrant economy
- Safeguard the health, safety and wellbeing of citizens by enhancing the professionalism of its members