Have you got a story to tell?
Consumer advice organisation UK European Consumer Centre is seeking case studies of UK consumers it has helped who have benefitted from the consumer protection legislation introduced as a result of the UK’s membership of the European Union
The UK ECC helped more than 15,000 UK consumers in 2018. Were you one of them?
If so, the service wants to ask you:
- Have you ever successfully claimed compensation for a cancelled flight under EU law? Until then did you even know you could claim?
- Do you, a relative or friend have a story to tell about getting emergency health care while on holiday in the EU, because of your EHIC health card?
- Have you benefitted from free roaming charges when you’ve been to Europe, particularly if you’ve been working there?
- Do you have a personal tale about benefiting from your consumer rights under EU law in another way? Maybe you’ve benefitted from other EU consumer protection legislation: rail passenger rights, rights of air passengers with disabilities, timeshare legislation, or even the European Small Claims Procedure?
- Would you be happy for your story to be featured in the local media where you live?
If you’ve got a personal story to tell about benefiting from your consumer rights under EU law, please let the UK ECC know by sending an email - headed Positive Case Story - with your name and contact details and a brief outline of your story to firstname.lastname@example.org
The UK European Consumer Centre is a free service which has a vital role to play in helping the thousands of UK consumers who find themselves in dispute with EU companies over problems with purchases. It has always viewed EU membership as good for consumer protection.
The service, currently part-funded by the European Commission and the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, offers UK consumers advice in dealing with cross-border disputes relating to buying goods and services within EU countries. The UK ECC is currently delivered by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute (CTSI).